I have been an educator for 25 years, working with students from the steppe of Kazakhstan to bush villages of Alaska. Passionate about people, places and their cultures, I have taught Language Arts, Social Studies, Heath, Art, EL, and even all subjects in the rural schools. While serving as a technology and effective instruction coach for my most recent school district, I was able to tap into and curate a myriad of solutions available in today's dynamic world. I spent 5 years applying solutions to my work with my students as a Distance Learning teacher based in Seward, Alaska. I spent three years leading the transition to personalized learning in my district. Currently, my mission as the Virtual Learning and Professional Development Coordinator is to facilitate the deepening of our innovative culture through reflective practice, solution-oriented collaboration and transparent growth mindset at all levels. I seek to mentor and honor the journeys of educators toward innovative ways of thinking. Inspiration, enfranchisement and partnership form the foundation of my teaching philosophy.
Reference Quote John Pothast, Superintendent - Humboldt Unified School District
"In a scene from the movie The Avengers, Loki states that he has entire army of aliens coming to destroy planet Earth. Unconcerned, Tony Stark immediately retorts, “We have a Hulk,” implying that the Hulk will single-handedly take on that entire alien army. Amanda Adams is my Hulk! No matter how much work there is to do, or how much chaos is coming our way, I have complete confidence that everything will get done, and perfectly, because “I have an Amanda!” By drawing this analogy, I fear her talents and abilities may appear legendary, even borderline fictional, but I assure you they are very real, and her talents, creativity, and leadership are unmatched!" - Full Reference Letter here!
Dedicated to facilitating a culture of innovation through reflective practice, solution-oriented collaboration and transparent growth mindset at all levels. She seeks to mentor and honor the journeys of educators.
In the news... School Board Debriefed on Role of AI in Education
Awards, Publications, & Projects
- ASTE 2023 - Designing Your Classroom Toolkit
- ASTE 2023 - Using Websites for Streamlining Teacher Practice
- ASTE 2022 - Supporting Executive Function with Google Keep
- ASTE 2022 - Building Engagement Utilizing Your LMS
- AK Principals Conference 2022- Utilizing Teacher Leadership to a Cultivate School and District Culture of Innovation
- Canvas Summer Series 2022 - Building Engagement with your LMS
- ASTE 2020 - Vetting Online Tools
- DGSD In-Service 2020 - Exploring the Possible with Microshifts
- KPBSD Leadership Academy 2019 - Reflection in Teaching Practice
- ECET2 Kenai 2019 - Let's Do Tech!
- ECET2 Southcentral Alaska 2018 - Technology Integration with Intentionality
- USDLA 2017 - Importance of Community in Online Learning
- ASTE 2017 - Intentional Blending
- LKSD Fall Conference 2016